Full-Service Veterinary Care for Topsham & Brunswick Pets
Our patients are our first priority at Androscoggin Animal Hospital. Every pet we see is given a thorough “nose-to-tail” examination every time they visit, with pet owners informed throughout the visit about the health of their pet and what they can do at home to keep their pet happy and healthy between doctor’s visits.
- Regular Check Ups—Annual checkups are the best way to keep your pet healthy. We recommend once-a-year checkups for most pets, but for seniors we recommend twice-yearly visits.
- Internal medicine—Just like people, pets are susceptible to serious medical conditions that require more in-depth care. Our highly trained internal medicine veterinarians are able to diagnose and treat all of the more complex disorders.
- Surgery—We perform surgery every day. Our veterinarians are skilled in both routine and emergency surgical procedures for soft tissue and orthopedics.
- Pet Dental Care—Dental disease is the most common and overlooked disease that animals develop. Each time your pet has a check up, our veterinarians will carefully examine his or her teeth, and oral cavity. We will instruct you regarding how to brush your pet’s teeth or provide other home dental care. Our veterinarians are also skilled at small mammal dental care for rabbits and rodents.
- Digital imaging, including radiology and ultrasound—Our state-of-the-art digital x-ray machine and on-site ultrasound technology means better images and quicker results for our pet patients and their owners.
- Dermatology and allergy testing—Skin problems can be the result of a variety of factors. We will work with you and your pet to determine the underlying problem and develop an effective treatment plan.
- Good Nutrition—Nutrition plays an important role in your pet’s overall health. We work with each client to establish a nutrition plan that is right for your pet. If your pet has an ongoing medical condition, we have a large selection of prescription diets available at our hospital for your convenience.
- Cancer treatment—Learning that a pet has cancer is difficult. We assist owners with choosing the individualized treatment options that are most appropriate for their pet.
- Exotics and pocket pets—We are skilled in treating small mammals and pocket pets such as gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits, mice, and chinchillas.
- Worm and Parasite Control—Intestinal parasites (worms), Heartworm Disease from mosquito bites, and tick born diseases such as Lyme Disease are common in Maine, and potentially can infect people. To keep your pet and family safe we recommend yearly fecal exams, and regular blood tests that can easily and accurately be performed at your pet’s check up.
- Vaccinations—There is no one-size-fits-all vaccination protocol. Our veterinarians understand this and are careful to tailor our vaccination recommendations to your pet’s needs, using the safest and highest quality vaccines available.